I mean I truly believe there exists some combination of words – there must exist certain words in a certain specific order that would explain all of this, but with her I just can’t ever seem to find them.
Things to Remember….
I read an article today entitled “The Unofficial Goldman Sachs Guide to Being a Man.” While I fulled expected the advice dispensed to enrage me to a level that might result in a computer flying from my ninth floor office window… I was pleasantly surprised to learn I actually AGREED with most of it. While this doesn’t change the fact that most GS traders make me want to bang my head on the wall, the tidbits the piece shared on what it means to be a man should be followed by all men. Yes, there were some I found to be silly like “Own a handcrafted shotgun. It’s a beautiful thing.” Because… shut up.
Below are some of the things that Goldman Sachs seems to have right.. if only their employees would take note.
- Stop talking about where you went to college.
- Rebel from business casual. Burn your khakis and wear a suit or jeans.
- You will regret your tattoos.
- Join Twitter; become your own curator of information.
- If you perspire, wear a damn undershirt.
- People are tired of you being the funny, drunk guy.
- Tip more than you should.
- Don’t split a check.
- Find a Times New Roman in the streets and a Wingdings in the sheets. She exists.
- Buy a tuxedo before you are thirty. Stay that size.
- Measure yourself only against your previous self.
- Place-dropping is worse than name-dropping.
- Yes, of course you have to buy her dinner.
- The New Yorker is not high-brow. Neither is The Economist.
- If you believe in evolution, you should know something about how it works.
- Eating out alone can be magnificent. Find a place where you can sit at the bar.
- Read more. It allows you to borrow someone else’s brain, and will make you more interesting at a dinner party – provided that you don’t initiate conversation with, “So, who are you reading…”
Pay attention, guys!